POPOW - The Background
Prince Of Peace Orphans and Widows Vision (POPOW) was initiated in 2009 as a not for profit Organization, whose resources are locally mobilized and directed towards community development. In working with the community, POPOW does not discriminate against race, sex, ethnicity or religion. The organization recognizes that women, children and youth are highly vulnerable to their social and economic environment hence; attending to the environment first mitigates the risk factors on peace and development and greatly enhances the impact of direct interventions.
The desired goal of the Organization is to significantly improve well-being by empowering the communities especially women, children and youth to realize their full potentials for sustainable livelihoods. We do this through Psychosocial support, household economic empowerment, water, sanitation and hygiene, life skills development for the youth in and out of school, formal and non-formal Education, child protection and mitigation of gender and domestic violence against women and children. The activities are centered on working with individuals and groups to strengthen social responsibilities, social capital value and safety nets.
Empower women, youth, orphans and vulnerable children to realize their full potentials for sustainable livelihood.
To empower the communities to live healthy and productive lives by promoting consumption of clean and safe water, good sanitation and hygiene, education support, economic strengthening and psycho-social support.
Honesty, Transparency, Accountability and Integrity
- Enhance the development of viable socio-economic initiatives for sustainable livelihoods of the, women, vulnerable children and their households
- Promote the consumption of clean and safe water, hygiene and sanitation for a healthy and peaceful community
- Promote child protection and rights
- Mitigate domestic and gender based violence against women and children.
- Promote life skills education for the youth and vulnerable children in and out of school
- Strengthen opportunities and accessibility to formal primary and secondary education for vulnerable children and vocational skills training for youths and vulnerable children